April 30, 2011

Easter



Well, the Easter bunny came again! We were pretty excited when we woke up and to our great awe and surprise there were baskets filled with treats...our Easter bunny even had leopard print eggs...how did he know that's what kind of people we are?


Marilyn was delighted that her basket had eggs that she could open and shut...and I think the candy inside was a surprise...last year she had yogurt melts (sorta boring)



The Easter bunny must have communicated with my subconscious because he brought me plastic lids to use for my jars in the fridge which I have wanted FOREVER...might sound boring but it's really amazing!


Linny loved her basket so much she carried it around as her purse for the rest of the morning...until we HAD to leave it at home for church (I know, I'm evil right?!)


Marilyn's "cute chick" jammies...so cute!


I made THIS Easter dress this year...with my new serger! It turned out pretty cute! Marilyn seemed to like it, and she was adorable in it at church...which is really all that matters, right?

We are grateful to be able to celebrate Easter and are grateful that we know the real reason behind this seemingly silly holiday.  I loved going to primary on Easter Sunday and hearing the sharing time about the resurrection and how we can remember it in our lives every day.  Even though Easter has lots of candy and treats, the real reason for the season is our Savior and his great sacrifice and resurrection for us. 

1 comment:

Melissa (Wallick) Larson said...

That dress is amazing. I love it. I also love the leopard easter eggs. Of course the easter bunny would know that's what kind of people you are, he's the EASTER BUNNY hello he knows everything!!!!