April 6, 2011

We Did It!!


Well, we did it! The potty chart is full!! I say "we" because even though Marilyn did the deeds I feel like I did the work.  We work as a team and a pretty darn good one! Here is Marilyn with her filled potty chart! She didn't quite get it...but she is still cute!    


The moment she put the last sticker on the chart we got our buns dressed and in the car.  I told her that we were going to the toy store to pick out a toy for filling her chart.  She carried her chart the whole way.  We made it to Wal Mart and Marilyn showed the welcomer (who was a darling grandma) her chart, she was so proud.  We walked together to the back of the store to the girly toy isle.  Marilyn's eyes widened when she realized what was going on.  It came down to 2 toys a Barbi Belle that came with her horse Phillipe and a Baby Belle Doll.  I held them both up and she picked...drum roll please....the Baby Belle Doll!! I told her that because she filled her chart she got this fabulous dolly! Now the wait began we had to drive all the way home before we could open it.  But Marilyn started talking to "Baby Belle" before we even got there.  She said "Baby Belle Home". 




The minute she got Baby Belle out of the box she began taking her around the house showing her everything we own.  She said things like "Baby Belle Gi Gi" pointing to our dog Maggie, then "Baby Belle GiGi NiNi" pointing to Maggie's bed.  Then she got hold of my phone and said "Baby Belle phone FarFar and Mamie" her way of telling our new little friend this is how we talk to our family.  It was sweet to hear her explain in her own little language how our world works.  It is getting fun to hear her talk and play.  I am excited to see her imagination growing and her brain working!


Quickly, Baby Belle became the most important thing in our world. 
She went everywhere...even on the potty!


This is Marilyn and Baby Belle watching Beauty and the Beast...seriously? Can life get cuter?

3 comments:

Brittney said...

That is SO ADORABLE!! Way to go, Marilyn AND SARA!

Melissa (Wallick) Larson said...

You are AWESOME! Potty training always made me feel so good about myself. Who cares that the kid did it, I did it! J/K. I remember those days and definitely don't want to go back to them. Congrats!!!!

Mandy said...

Yeah Marilyn (and seriously mom) for filling your chart. I am so excited for you. I'm with melissa, those days are not envied by anyone. She looks so adorable with her new Belle dolly. You should reward yourself with something too. :)