April 13, 2011

I Will Be A Master!


Kristin (my bff) and I are taking a Master Preserver class.  We are pretty stoked about it! At the end of 6 short weeks, we will take a test and be nationally certified master preserver.  We learn water bath canning, pressure canning, jams and jellies, dehydrating, pickling and freezing.  It is pretty much the greatest thing ever.  Please excuse Kristin and I in these pictures, we are wearing the same shirt...on accident I swear. 







Last week we water bath canned fruit.  This is pineapple.  It was so delicious! We also canned applesauce, peaches, pears, oranges, grapefruit and a bunch of pie fillings. 

This is me, holding the blueberry filling I made...isn't it pretty?

Here we are...holding things that have to do with canning...I don't know what we are doing, but cute right?

This is the peach apple salsa we made.  It was so delicious...I really would have never tried it unless I made it at master preserver class...if  you know me I am not the most adventurous eater in the world.  But I tried it and love love loved it! I even got to use a muslin spice bag! See it? Wow... blah blah blah...I love this class!

3 comments:

Alexie said...

Very cool!!

Brittney said...

that peach apple salsa sounds really good!!

Melissa (Wallick) Larson said...

You guys are funny. You look very cute as twinners!!!!