April 13, 2011

Happy Kreg Kolb Day!


On Saturday our ward had a crazy huge fundraiser for a man in our ward named Kreg Kolb.  He was diagnosed with ALS and our ward really rallied together to do a we love you Kreg Kolb celebration of life day.  So many people came out and it was a really cool event.  The young women were in charge of a bake sale and since me and Kristin have a small obsession with cupcakes these days we told them we would make TONS.  Literally, thats what we signed up for, to make tons of cupcakes.  We made 7 batches, oreo, sour cream blueberry, strawberry shortcake, doughnut cupcakes, pink lemonade, double chocolate fudge mania and churro.  It was super fun to make and decorate that many cupcakes, I sorta loved it so much I had thoughts of trying every cupcake recipe I have ever seen, but I stopped before it completely took over my house.  Here are the cupcakes! (and we love you Kreg!)

This is a double chocolate fudge cake with chocolate buttercream and sprinkles 

This was my favorite cupcake I made all day...I ate it...

Here they all are, well all the ones I made, churro in front, then doughnut then pink lemonade then the chocolate


These are the pink lemonade, a lemon cake with pink lemonade in the batter with whipped cream on top!

1 comment:

Brittney said...

you guys were amazing! What a gift.