March 14, 2011

It Is My Birthday!


Hi, on March 12th 1986, I was born.  I love love love my birthday! I love it so much that I made it a week, and celebrate my birthday week.  Everyone knows, we go all out for birthday's in our house, so this was no exception.  Here is some stuff we did to celebrate this great week. 

First of all, Tom and Marilyn got me an umbrella for outside so I can sit out there and watch Marilyn play and so we can eat out there without being blinded from the sun being in our faces.  I am pretty stoked about it...we will be spending ALOT of time out there now that the sun has decided to warm us up.  They also got me sew in labels for the little creations I have been working on.  (There will be a blog post when they get here!)

We gave Marilyn a bubble bath, to celebrate my birthday, she loved the bubbles except when we put a bubble beard on her.  It was hysterical. 

Wednesday of my birthday week, Janelle and I watched Americas Next Top Model, it was makeover week and also a tradition for us so it was a necessity for my birthday week.  She brought me flowers, which were gorgeous!! Then on Thursday, Janelle and I went to see Beastly.  Which we loved, but were also grateful that we had each other to see it with because our husbands didn't have to see it with us.  They stayed home with the kids and watch Killers.  It worked out great!


Then the big celebration began, we woke up the next morning and packed the car, and hurried our buns down to my parents house in Orange County! We had a killer awesome time! We went to Jalapenos for dinner, and then hit up the Perfect Circle (the cupcake store that won Cupcake Wars on Food Network).  We walked around the Orange Circle, still in shock that we were actually in California with my parents. 

Then we went home and put Marilyn down and went to sleep early on my birthday eve, preparing our bodies for the craziness that would ensue the next day.  We woke up early, played played played hard, until Marilyn's nap time, then we put her down and me and my mom went to get our toe nails done.  We have a little tradition at a darling little nail place on Katella Ave.  I obviously had to get cupcake toe nails.  We then went and picked up sweet little Marilyn so we could show her off at a bridal shower. 


After this we went to the Elmo's Body Exhibit at the discovery science center! It was AMAZING! Since Marilyn is obsessed with all things Elmo, we knew we had to go while we were down there.  We heard ahead of time, that the line to meet Elmo was crazy long, so we brought a little Army to stand in line with us and take turns taking Marilyn around.  But to our surprise and great pleasure, we got there at the perfect moment, because there were only 2 people in line to meet Elmo, he was about to go on break, so we ran as fast as our little legs would carry us to the line.  Marilyn is pretty shy, so I was concerned that meeting a Elmo that was bigger than Tom would FREAK her out big time, but she was pretty excited.  Armed with a little baby Elmo in her hand she walked up to Elmo and said "Hi, Elmo".  She was pretty excited to meet him! She gave him some kisses, and then we went on to see the exhibit. 



The exhibit was awesome, there were life size cutouts of all the characters.  And a real Elmo's world that even had a little Dorothy goldfish.  There was also a Ernie's rub-a-dub station, and a Sesame Street Set.  It was a really cool exhibit that Marilyn loved.  We are pretty grateful that we were able to go and spend this time with Grammie and Far Far. 

Marilyn loves Ernie...
The Oscar freaked us out a little...





No comments: