June 13, 2011

Marilyn's First Hair Cut



I never thought it would happen (mostly because of Marilyn's lack of hair) but it got to the point that we either needed to embrace her complete mullet or get it cut.  It still pains me to admit, she was starting to look a little goofy...so I found the cutest kids hair cutting place on earth, Sharkeys Cuts For Kids.  (It's on First Street in Tustin) and made an appointment.  I was pretty freaked out...I didn't know how Linny would react to scissors so close to her face...and she is a normal 2 year old who can't really sit still for more than one minute.  But all those worries went away the moment we walked in.  This place was perfect! She got to sit in a Barbie Jeep, and watch Tangled...who could ask for more? I got the first hair cut special where they took her picture and kept the newly cut hair.  I can't believe I am one of those Moms, but I feel sentimental about things like this.  Tom thinks its gross to keep her hair in a bag forever...ask me later who won this argument and if we still have the hair. The greatest part of this place is that it doesn't stop at the hair cut.  They put her hair in piggies, with new clips, painted her fingernails and gave her a sticker and a balloon.  She loved it...And she said during all the maddness, "This is so fun!" So I will forever have this memory...Marilyn showing everone her new hair cut and newly painted fingernails, she was so excited! And of course, this made me excited! Booyah, another milestone under our belts! 



No comments: