February 7, 2011

Our New Goldfish




Marilyn and I met Tom for lunch at El Pollo Loco on Friday.  We laughed as Marilyn sucked down almost all the juice of a lemon while we waited for our food.  Then we ate lunch, well Marilyn just had a tortilla.  We were going to wrap things up and Tom was going to go back to work when we realized we have 20 more minutes of our lunch hour.  So obviously we threw all our garbage away and ran as fast as we could to Petco.  Marilyn loves looking at the hamsters and the birds and the fish.  We thought that she would love a fish at home, so we made the huge investment of $3.40 for 3 goldfish, one big and 2 small, and fish food.  The Petco lady, got us the darling little fish in their bag and we hurried home to show them their new home. 


When Tom got home we named them immediately.  The littlest one is Taily and the medium on is Long Taily, and Monster is the big one. 


Unfortunately, Moster and Long Taily did not make it through the night. We sang them a song and flushed them down the toilet.  We miss them but we still have Taily to look at and play with. 

This reminds me of the fish I used to have when I was little.  First of all, I remember Sushi.  My aunt Leslie gave Sushi to me, and that fish lived FOREVER.  At least 3 years at my house.  Then we can't forget about Mud.  My brother, Jeff, had a fish he named Mud because it had a brown spot on it.  It lived so long, then it started growing a weird growth on the side of its head, which we assumed was brain cancer.  Then one day it swam into the side of the bowl and died...maybe a seizure? Who knows... I am excited to begin our own goldfish memories...so here is to a million more goldfish, and a million more memories. 

2 comments:

Brittney said...

I'm sorry, I didn't even read the rest of the post because I couldn't get past how cute Marilyn is in the first picture!!!! Pigtails are adorable.

okay.. i actually did read it all. Can't believe two died already! Is it the change of water temperature or what kills them?

Andrea said...

Nice funny post Sara. We also have fond fish memories of cathing, killing, AND nuturing. Odd.