February 1, 2011

My Mom


When I miss my mom, I miss a lot of things.  I miss my mom's comforting words and spirit.  I miss the way she hugs me when I need it, and I miss watching her with Marilyn, and joking with me and Tom.  When my mom came to visit last weekend, it was SO fun.  It felt like home.  I realize that she can't be here every second, as much as I wish she could.  I also realize that we have a home built here from things she taught us.  I love my mom, what can I say.  So today, in honor of her, I made Parker House Rolls.  I figured out her bread maker, downloaded the 116 page users manual, dug out her recipe and here's how they turned out...(perfect!)




Parker House Rolls

6-7 cups flour
1 tsp yeast (dissolved in 1/2 cup warm water)
1 cup luke warm water
1 cup milk
3/4 cup shortening and margarine (1/2 and 1/2 melted)
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup mashed potato flakes
2 tsp salt
2 eggs

1- Put the yeast in the 1/2 water and leave it until the end.
2- Mix Ingredients in the bread machine, liquid first, then dry ingredients, and last the yeast
3- Let rise, separate into 2 dozen rolls and bake for 10 minutes in a 350 degree oven. 

1 comment:

Brittney said...

they look so delicious!!!!!!!!!!!!