August 21, 2011

5 Years Ago on July 28th




On July 28th 2006, Thomas and I got married in the Newport Beach California Temple.  It was such an incredible day!



I can't believe it has been 5 years since we were saying YES, I still feel so lucky and grateful we found each other.  Sometimes when I am trying to fall asleep, I like to look back on some of my favorite memories of our dating life and our engagement and then I always reflect on our special day.  I love to remember how I wished Tom would ask me out on a date, but it took him 3 months.  Now, that is something I LOVE about him, he always thinks things through before he jumps in.  I love thinking about our first date to the pumpkin walk in North Logan, wondering what in the heck he was thinking and I wondered if I would ever be able to read this guy.  I know now that he is totally present in every moment, but plays cool.  I love thinking about the night he kissed me.  I still feel so calm every time we kiss.  I look back on the night we got engaged.  We went on a walk by my apartment and I was so stubborn thinking he was trying to get away with something crazy...but really all he wanted was to ask me a simple question.  I still say yes every day.  I look back on our wedding day and feel so loved and supported by so many different people.  I remember being overwhelmed by the amount of people who were there and by the love we felt.  Now, after 5 years of marriage, I feel that love and support from Tom the most.  I am so grateful that we love each other, that we got married and sealed in the temple.  I am grateful that we chose this life, because we love it. 

Here are some of my favorite moments from our first 5 years...here's to MANY MANY more!














2 comments:

Emily said...

What a darling post! You two are perfect for each other! I'm so glad you found each other. What a beautiful family of soon to be 4!

Brittney said...

cute post. You had gorgeous wedding pictures! I wish mine were that good.