May 18, 2011

It's Official!


It's official! I am a Certified Master Preserver! Pretty exciting stuff! As you know, Kristin and I have been taking a class through the USU extension office about all things canning and we are proud to say we officially passed the test, got our certificate and are now the most fabulous canners the world has ever known. (OK this might be a slight exaggeration...but I am pretty sure we are at least on the list!) We met some fun friends like Janie and her daughter Lauren. 


Janie and Lauren pretty much were already masters....but I am glad they came! We were paired up to make things together and we laughed and talked the whole time every week! I hope that one day I can be as cool as Janie.  She rocks!

We had to take a test, which is freaky, but I got 100% so I rocked it! We learned about pressure canning, water bath canning, pickling, making jams and jelly, making pie fillings, and dehydrating.  It was such a cool class and it really inspired me to try some new things and I have been starting to experiment a little with canning! Last weekend I made jalapeno jelly....which is weird, but I have a super adventurous husband so it will be well worth it! Here are some pictures of our last class (courtesy of Janie)


This is our teacher, Carolyn, she rocked and knows everything there is to know about canning...seriously if you have a question call the USU extension office and ask her...she will know!

This is us taking the test...it was pretty intense



These are all the delicious things we pickled, cauliflower, carrots, beans, pears and a few salsas (which we didn't pickle)

It was such a fun class.  I feel like I have a handle on canning and have the knowledge to build up a food storage for my family! Booyah...I am a Master Preserver!


No comments: