June 10, 2012

California Adventure (aka Princess Lunch)


We got three day passes to the Magical Kingdom so we spent the first two in Disneyland and then we convinced my parents to hit up California Adventure with us on day 3.  We got a late start however because I got my hair done and that always takes longer than anticipated.  (I have to throw that in because obviously anyone reading this blog will notice my new do and wonder why I didn't say something...you know who you are) anyway, now I look like this...

pretty fabulous bangs right?!

Ok ok on to the real stuff, California adventure was AWESOME! I have only been there once and it was just opened so it was not nearly as cool as it is now...
I also would like to show off a little dress I made for Marilyn.  We made reservations for the PRINCESS LUNCH (WOW) and I knew Marilyn would want to dress up (because going to Target is a reason to dress up at our house) but I didnt' want her to wear a uncomfortable tacklicious princess dress so I made her this Belle dress out of a jersey knit and I am super proud of it...She loves it so so so much and wears it often.  But she had to save it for the Princess lunch at Disneyland, and it was seriously greatly anticipated!


Grammie and Marilyn met Sully from Monsters Inc.  - Marilyn thought he was "big and huge but nice"
We walked around California Adventure and went on the Toy Story ride and swapped kid watching so all the adults could ride the roller coaster.  We had a blast walking and talking and taking in the fun atmosphere and being with my parents.  We felt so lucky they both took off work to come and be with us and the kids and see how adorable they were in Disneyland.




The lunch was absolutely AMAZING. The food was delicious (but everything is delicious at Disneyland right?!) So it wasn't about the food...

Marilyn could not understand quite what was about to happen, I tried to tell her this is where the princesses eat and that is a magical princess lunch place where all the princesses are there at one time.  But W-O-W was she surprised and amazed when Belle popped out and came dancing to our table!  
Belle was perfect, she grabbed our stunned Marilyn and gave her sweet huggies and told her she was beautiful.  They talked about their matching dresses (and Miss told her I made it haha) Marilyn had to snap out of it quick because it didn't stop with just Belle, we were only beginning!

 Cinderella was DARLING too, Marilyn told her how beautiful her dress was and that she loved her sleeves.  She told Marilyn what a beautiful princess she was and Marilyn was sure to tell her she was a princesses because she was wearing a crown.  (They had crowns ands tickers at the tables when we sat down for her to color and play with...so she loved that!)



 These pictures are a little out of order SO SO SO sorry...

Ariel was at the entrance to the restaurant.  You walked in upstairs and when your table was ready you walked down a round stair case and there was Ariel.  Marilyn ran through the crowds of people and before I had even gotten down the stairs, much less gotten the camera out she was hugging Ariel asking her all about her friend Flounder and if she liked her legs.  Ariel was nice enough to hang on to her while I got my camera out so I could snap these shots...



Next was Snow White.  Marilyn loved her collar.  I think she was a little stunned at this point that every person she had ever dreamed of was real  and standing right in front of her...




Sleeping Beauty was super nice and sweet to Mar too, Marilyn could not believe it!

They gave us these super cute pins (that Missy still wears with pride) and we wore them proudly all day !



Look at my cute mom, she wanted a picture of this amazing California scene...love her!

Basically Disneyland changed Marilyn's life.  You can't (still a month later) go an hour without her telling you something about Disneyland, about how the Pirates ride and Winnie the Pooh scared her or how she met the princesses or how she was excited or went on the tea cups or how Grammie was there or how great her friend Haven was or how she saw the parade.  It was amazing and we are so happy we were able to take her, it will be remembered FOREVER. 

1 comment:

Brittney said...

wow, such a cool vacation for marilyn AND mommy... Crazy how much cooler Disneyland is with excited kids.