July 16, 2011

Marilyn's Birthday Celebration Begins



In true Jorgensen fashion, we celebrate birthdays big and for more than one day.  (We can't decide whether to celebrate for a whole week for kids, like we do for me...but it seems we did this year).  Marilyn's birthday is July 10, 2009.  This is what she looked like the day she was born. 


I wonder if a mother can ever forget the feeling right after her first baby is born.  I remember feeling relieved (that it was over and we were both alive and doing well), I also remember feeling grateful that we had such a beautiful sweet spirit that was ours.  I remember feeling nervous, what if I can't do this? But most of all I remember feeling the most love I have ever felt.  I felt a new kind of love for someone else, my sweet daughter, Marilyn Noreen Jorgensen. 

Other stuff I remember from that day:
* Marilyn's eyes were open from the second she was born until we were moved to our recovery room almost 2 and a half hours later
* I LOVED the water bottle the hospital gave me way too much
* We listened to Jewel's Lullaby CD for 4 hours while I was pushing, and now whenever I hear it I feel calm
* I remember my mom being there supporting every breath I took all night and day
* I knew Tom was nervous, but I never heard him worry out loud.  He knew I was nervous too and was so supportive and sweet for the entire 20 hours. 
* I remember Mar Mar and Far Far coming in to the delivery room MINUTES after our Marilyn was born...which was shocking but welcome. 

I am surprised that I don't remember more horrifying details of labor and delivery, but I guess that's our body's way of helping us move on. 





This is Mar Mar the Great (my dad's mom), we named Marilyn after her and we can only hope that Marilyn grows up to have as much spunk and love as she does for everyone and everything in her life.  She is SUCH a great example of giving.  I am grateful that our Marilyn has a someone as wonderful as my Mar Mar to look up to. 


Seriously, look at those eye balls! So amazing...

No comments: