January 16, 2011

Marilyn's First Day in Nursery!


January 2, 2011 our first day without a baby in our arms for the second and third hours of church.  We woke up ready to face the day.  We ate a huge breakfast, got ready for church, made sure Marilyn had a seriously long nap, and we left.  Sacrament meeting flew by, then it was time.  This was an emotional day for Tom and I, would she hate us forever? Would she ever want to go back to church? Will she scream straight for 2 hours? (we all know she can) or even worse, will she love it? What if she never wants to leave? We were full of crazy emotions that were irrational and confused at best.  But whether we were ready of not, there we were, sitting in our row at church, sacrament meeting was over and we had to make our limbs move.  Maybe we could sit there forever and no one would notice.  I had to go to primary so it was up to Tom.  We made a plan weeks ago for this moment, but we didn't know what to expect.  I got up from our row, gave Marilyn and Tom a kiss and ran away as fast as I could.  Tom picked up Marilyn took a deep breath and began to walk to the nursery.  He took her in and to our shock and horror, the leader told him to leave immediatly.  So he did, he left the room alone.  Suprisingly, he didnt hear her scream like a maniac the second he left.  But it didn't last long.  Now, if you know our sweet little Marilyn, she has some serious lungs, and can scream like no other, and will at the smallest provication.  Knowing this fact, Tom stayed close for the first hour.  The next thing I know, I am singing "I'm Trying To Be Like Jesus" with the Junior primary and I see Tom's face poking into the primary room.  I run to the door, knowing they need me, obviously I am the only one who can calm my sweet little girl, only I can make her happy, she needs me and secretly I need her in primary with me.  I was suprised when he said she was ok, I was shocked when our best friend, Kristin said she was doing fine, and I was worried that the worst had happened...she loved nursery more than me.  But the nano second the AMEN was uttered from senior primary, I ran to her.  And there she was, standing with a huge "I am a Child of God" crown, huge crocidile tears in her eyes.  She didn't want me to pick her up, she didn't want to hold my hand, she walked out of the room with no smile, no expression really at all.  She hasn't worn the crown since, so here's to next week.  Hopefully it will be easier for her, and us. 

No comments: